Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Update on Dan Fogelberg

Dan Fogelberg, one of my personal favorite singer/song writers, was diagnosed with prostrate cancer in the summer of 2004. I have been trying to find more information on his progress but the latest I could find was on his own official site. The release linked below says:
''The reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated'. I am undergoing treatment and we are very encouraged by the progress I am making. I would like to express my regret over the cancellation of my fall tour and thank my wonderful fans for all their prayers and heartfelt good wishes. I would also personally like to request that our privacy and the privacy of our families be respected. If there is any news that I wish to make known to the public, it will be posted here or released officially through HK Management.”"

Dan Fogelberg ~ News.



There is some word that he may have considered a concert in the spring of this year but I could not confirm that.

Your friendly ignited drake grew up in Colorado so Dan's music was perfectly tailored for me and my tree hugging friends. His "Netherlands" album was one of the first albums that I bought (along with BTO and Chicago) when I made money mowing yards. Dan Fogelberg is also a superb concert artist. I have attended two of his "Dan Fogelberg Solo Acoustic Tours." He is the only artist that I have seen perform live more than once.

Though my musical tastes have changed over the years, Dan Fogelberg will always have a warm spot in my heart. Here's wishing him the best of luck in his continued fight against cancer.