Thursday, May 12, 2005

This REALLY Ruffles My Feathers!

Question: What could cause me to post when the Flaming Duck is under a "light blogging" warning?
Answer: A statement like THIS by one of our representatives!

This morning, on my drive into work, our local morning drive radio jock, Tony Macrini was interviewing Thelma Drake, U.S. Representative in the 2nd District of Virginia. The discussion turned to health care and illegal immigrants. In regards to the number of uninsured Americans, Ms. Drake said the following:
...about the number 42 million uninsured Americans, Tony, I recently read some information that leads me to believe that half of that may be ILLEGAL IMMiGRANTS. (emphasis added)

Now, it seems to me that a statistician that is smart enough to devise a methodology to count uninsured AMERICANS,should be able to weed out the folks that AREN'T AMERCIANS! What's worse is that I am sure that the people that use the 42 million number are aware that a sizable portion of these people are illegal. They only include them in order to BOOST THE TOTAL FIGURE! >@

I feel better now. I can get back to work.