Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The making of a Republican.

Question: What is a "seminal event?"
Answer: An event that makes huge changes in one's life!

I know you can't see it in my blog, but before 1999 I was a registered Independent. Most Independents will give you some song and dance how they are independent because "they think independently about each issue." Yeah, right! Everybody does that. No, I was an independent because I had no real interest in the primary process and if I wasn't going to be engaged I didn't feel the need to declare a party. Now, don't get me wrong. I have voted for Democrats in the past because I "independently considered the issue" and sometimes the Democrat was the better choice. But my leanings were always Republican.

So what was my seminal event? That would have to be the Clinton Adminstration. You see, I moved from Florida to Virginia in 1999. After I moved, I had to register and was asked what party I wanted to affiliate with. That little question was my seminal event. The United States, however, had a very large event on September 11, 2001. Read about another person's "seminal event." (hat tip lgf) OPINION: The Making Of A 9/11 Republican