Wednesday, October 05, 2005

A Short Story

"Knock, knock, knock." The sound of LASunsett knocking at the door of the Flaming Duck startled the master of the house, VARepublicMan.

"Who is it?!" snapped VAR.

"Just me... LASunsett... are you ok?" responded VAR's blogging friend.

"I'm fine," said VAR as he hastily swept all the projects off the table and onto the floor, "but you can't come in and I can't come out. Too much to do...too much... no time to eat or sleep, much less interact with the outside world."

"Is there anything I can do?"

"Yes, find me another job!" responded VAR, only half way sarcastically.

"But I don't even know what you do!"

"I know... just let me try to get some of this work done. Then... maybe... I will have some time to talk about the Miers appointment... or something else. Until then... just... reread some elephant jokes or something."

"That's not very statisfying," lamented LASunsett.

"I know...I'm sorry." said VAR.

LASunsett heard something that sounded like broken glass being swept up as he walked away.